Evesham & Badsey
Your friendly local hockey club with training, matches and social events for all ages and abilities
Wednesday 28th April 2021
- Senior training – Senior training will stay as-is on Tuesday evenings from 19.30 to 21.00 until 18th May. After that it will go to 20.00 to 21.00 until the end of June.
- Men’s Summer League – The Men’s Summer League matches against Worcestershire teams are in Spond. There are ten matches, starting on May 20th.
- Ladies/Badgers Intra-Club matches – we’ve got Saturday afternoon’s booked from 12.00 to 13.30 throughout May for some Club matches.
- Cubs, Juniors and Badgers – Junior training will stay as-is on Sunday mornings from 09.00 to 10.00 for Cubs and Juniors and 10.15 to 11.30 for Badgers 18th May. After that we’ll be moving to Tuesday evenings from 19.00 to 20.00 until the end of June.
- Training – As the original season ended on 20th April the sessions starting from last night (Tues 27th April) are now outside of the season and will be charged at £4 per session, payable via Spond (we’ll request a payment from you).
- Matches – All Summer matches are £6.50 per person for Seniors and Badgers.
News & Events
Rich Hall, Junior Coach, father of Badgers Lucy and Will and stalwart of the Men’s A’s also runs local drinks
Our FUN, SOCIAL HOCKEY is a great way to get fit, make friends and have fun. Perfect for beginners, improvers
Have fun, get fit, make friends
We pride ourselves on our friendly welcome to any players – whether you’re an experienced player, coming back to hockey or a complete beginner, junior or veteran, super-fit or want to get fit, we’ll give you a friendly welcome.
About Evesham & Badsey
We started playing hockey in Evesham in 1900. We’re proud of history and 110 years later we’re still going strong developing the club and our players.
We currently run three Senior sides – two Men’s sides and a Ladies’ side, who both play on Saturdays and train on Tuesday evenings through the season from September to March. In the off-season through the summer we run fun, social hockey sessions and the occasional mixed match.
We also have a thriving Junior section for starting from the Cubs (age 5+) to Juniors (aged 7 to 12) and onto the Badgers (from 11 to 16) as their skills develop.
All of our Junior sides allow our young players to develop their hockey skills in a friendly, supportive environment against other similarly skilled players. When they’re ready they move up through the Juniors and onto the Senior teams.
Coach Andy Osbourne, imaginatively known as ‘Oz’, who’s rarely without a smile. Or a coffee.
"I love playing hockey at Evesham and Badsey"
Dylan, 13, Badgers
“I used to play rugby at school but I kept getting injured and I had to give up. I was looking for another sport but didn’t want to play football.
I thought I’d come and see what hockey was like and now I love it. It’s great fun, the coaches are amazing, and I like playing in a mixed team with boys and girls. Oh and I’ve scored three goals this season!”