6th August 2021
In line with Government and England Hockey guidance we’re now moving back to normal and will be restarting Season 21/22 at the normal time. As such our plans are:
Club Day – Sat 4th September 2021 – 12 noon to 4pm
Club Day is an opportunity for our Club to come together, reacquaint ourselves with which end of the stick to hold and play some fun matches for our Juniors, Mens and Ladies. We’ll have a BBQ, cakes and beers.
Junior training – Sunday mornings – Cubs and Juniors 9am to 10am; Badgers 10.15am to 11.30am
- From 5th September 2021 to 5th December 2021
- From 9th January 2022 to 3rd April 2022
Senior training – Tuesday nights 7.30pm to 9pm
- 7th September 2021 to 7th December 2021
- 4th January 2022 to 29th March 2022
If you’re new and would like to join us ping Mark a message on 07973963539 or mwjmail [at] gmail.com and we’ll sort you out. You’d be most welcome.
Wednesday 28th April 2021
- Senior training – Senior training will stay as-is on Tuesday evenings from 19.30 to 21.00 until 18th May. After that it will go to 20.00 to 21.00 until the end of June.
- Men’s Summer League – The Men’s Summer League matches against Worcestershire teams are in Spond. There are ten matches, starting on May 20th.
- Ladies/Badgers Intra-Club matches – we’ve got Saturday afternoon’s booked from 12.00 to 13.30 throughout May for some Club matches.
- Cubs, Juniors and Badgers – Junior training will stay as-is on Sunday mornings from 09.00 to 10.00 for Cubs and Juniors and 10.15 to 11.30 for Badgers 18th May. After that we’ll be moving to Tuesday evenings from 19.00 to 20.00 until the end of June.
- Training – As the original season ended on 20th April the sessions starting from last night (Tues 27th April) are now outside of the season and will be charged at £4 per session, payable via Spond (we’ll request a payment from you).
- Matches – All Summer matches are £6.50 per person for Seniors and Badgers.
Thursday 1st April 2021
After our recent survey the overwhelming response from Club members was they’d like to restart playing as soon as possible. To that end we’re going to restart Cubs, Juniors and Badgers training from Sunday 4th April and Seniors training sessions from Tuesday 6th April. Spond invites to follow, please complete them in the usual way.
Our Club Committee will meet on April 19th where we’re going to plan what we can do for the rest of the Summer and to try and sort out proposals for our finances – specifically how to address who paid what in the disrupted 20/21 Covid season and how we take this forward into membership costs for 21/22. You’ll appreciate this might get a bit tricky. As an added complication TDMS have increased pitch hire costs by 15%.
Friday 26th March 2021
England Hockey have today confirmed that hockey can restart from March 29th 2021. Details from England Hockey of the Return to Play guidance can be read here.
Thursday 4th March 2021
The following update was posted to our Club WhatsApp groups this evening:
Saturday 3rd January 2021
Back into Lockdown we go. All team sports have been suspended by the Government so we are cancelling all training and matches with immediate effect.
When we’ll be able to restart and what this means for the ability to complete Season 20/21 remains to be seen but we’ll let you know as soon as the situation changes.
Wednesday 2nd December 2020
After the end of Lockdown 2.0 England Hockey have confirmed that training and matches can restart in Tier 2 from Weds Dec 2nd 2020.
- Players cannot travel from Tier 3 e.g. Warwickshire to play to train in Tier 2
- Tier 2 Clubs cannot play clubs in Tier 3, or vice versa
- There is NO car sharing to any training or matches
- Junior hockey is exempt from the above
Wednesday 16th Sep 2020
Some exciting news! We’re pleased to confirm that Junior training will restart on Sun 27th Sep and Senior training on Tues 29th Sep.
To be ‘COVID-safe’ we’ve had to make considerable changes to procedures both on and off the pitch. We’ll tell you about these changes, your responsibilities and what you need to do in the coming days.
Saturday 5th Sep 2020
Saturday 14th August 2020
April 20th 2020
Hockey in England is current suspended. Evesham & Badsey Hockey Club will follow the guidance of England Hockey as to when we can restart hockey and the actions that we need to take.
The latest England Hockey news can be found at https://www.englandhockey.co.uk/news.asp?section=22 and their COVID Support pages at http://www.englandhockey.co.uk/page.asp?section=2633§ionTitle=Covid%2D19+Club+Support
Clearly there’s currently much uncertainty as to how the situation unfolds and there will be substantial impacts on the way that both Hockey and our Club is run. We’ll be working to follow the guidelines and to deliver as safe an environment as we can for our players, supporters and volunteers. Keep an eye on the website and social media for our latest news.